Friday, May 25, 2012

Pursuing


Good Morning Beloved,

 I am so looking forward to being at Pine Lake this weekend.  My mission is to keep the kids enjoying life as much as possible.  Dave and I really want them to be free this weekend with no sick mom (no meds changing her personality) and no disappearing dad (going to work, mow, work in garage= not options).  My prayer is that Dave and I learn, from their youthful experience, how vital it is to live in each moment.  Today, I read this in 1 Timothy Chapter 6:

11 
But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, [h]perseverance and gentleness.
 12  Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 

I love how Paul says to pursue these things (love, perseverance and gentleness) not embody them.  We will fall short but we are called to dust off the failings and get back to pursuing.  Oh How I love the grace we are afforded in Jesus!!

Make it a great weekend, my readers!!!
LOVE YOU,

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment